Don Dressler is an experienced labor and employment law attorney and former workers' compensation insurance company president. He is nationally recognized for his expertise in workers' compensation programs, self-insurance and captive programs, employee safety, risk management, and providing solutions to organization's human resources challenges.
DON DRESSLER is a nationally recognized consultant on insurance a risk management issues for private companies and associations on workers compensation, property and liability insurance and employee benefits. A graduate of the Stanford University School of Law with a Masters in Business Administration from Pepperdine University, Mr. Dressler is practicing attorney focusing on workers compensation, employment law and human resources issues.
From 1987 to 2003, Mr. Dressler was the President of Insurance Services for Western Growers Association, a regional trade association representing fresh fruit and vegetable growers in California and Arizona. Mr. Dressler headed their health and workers' compensation programs. He was President of Western Growers Insurance Company, a California and Arizona workers' compensation insurer and Quail Street Casualty Ltd., a Bermuda based captive insurance company.
Up to that time, he served as the Executive Vice President of Western Growers Association, the chief operating officer of the trade association, overseeing all internal operations, and Vice President and General Counsel of Western Growers Association, establishing a group legal practice to provide labor and employment law. Mr. Dressler also served on the Legislative Counsel for the California Farm Bureau Federation, and established their group legal practice, Farm Employers Labor Service.
- Mr. Dressler served as a director and on the Executive Committee of Californians for Compensation Reform, now California Coalition on Workers' Compensation.
- He served on the Board of Directors of the American Society of Association Executives, and the Board of their Vermont captive insurance company
- He also was a Director of the Association of California Insurance Companies and Vice President of the California Association of Small Employer Health Plans as well as President and Legislative Committee Chair of The Association Health Care Coalition
- He served as Chairman of the Finance Commission for the City of Irvine from 1993-2011.
- He is President of Western Family Services (a health care organization providing mental health services to Orange County children and youth)
- Is an active member of ProVisors.
- He is also a Trustee of the Kansas State University Foundation